вторник, 8 августа 2017 г.

Tom DeBlass: ‘I Almost Quit Jiu-Jitsu As A Blue Belt’

Tom DeBlass is a former Bellator and UFC fighter with a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jisu under Ricardo Almeida.

Tom was a County Champion Long Jumper in High School graduating from Central Regional High School in 2000. He went on to Graduate Monmouth University in 2004 with a degree in Special Education and Elementary Education. Tom DeBlass was known primarily as a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competitor winning such titles as Pan American and World Championships. He then fought Professionally in Ring Of Combat. In only a year and a half DeBlass captured two titles and got called up to fight in the UFC. DeBlass opened his own Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy, in 2006, Ocean Country Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. His Academy host’s 300 students. He has produced his own World Champion students, such as Garry Tonon, Tom’s first student to compete in ADCC, October 20, taking place in China.

DeBlass is the 2015 No Gi Open Weight World champion at Master 1 black belt.

Tom DeBlass recently wrote a short essay on his Facebook profile about he was close to quitting Jiu-Jitsu back when he was a blue belt:

“There was a time as a blue belt I was close to quitting.
It was the first expert division I did and I ended up losing. I waited around at the tournament all day, paid money, and lost. I tried to think of all of the reasons I shouldn’t be “wasting my time” on Jiu-Jitsu, and I had thought of some really good ones. However, there was one problem.
I claimed I loved Jiu-Jitsu, and when you love something you love on the good days, and bad days.
I looked at myself in in the mirror and reminded myself that one day I would look back on that heart crushing defeat and smile.
I was right.
So many people quit before they give Jiu-Jitsu a chance to benefit their life. Anything worth while takes sacrifice and all tough times pass. When I was a blue belt I truly had no idea how beneficial Jiu-Jitsu would be in every aspect of my life”
  

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий