понедельник, 26 июня 2017 г.

Mackenzie Dern Comments On Weight Issue, Says She’s Nearing Decision To Give Up Either BJJ or MMA

Mackenzie Dern is a veteran of sport bjj at age 24.
She’s done so much for the female bjj scene it’s no wonder that it’s hard to be faced with a decision that she has to make a definitive choice – it’s either bjj or mma.
Dern told flocombat:
“One thing we think might be a problem is this weight roller coaster,” Dern said. “It goes down to 116 pounds to fight MMA (at strawweight) and then it goes up. I have to gain weight — for jiu-jitsu it’s up to 130 pounds. Then I have to go down to strawweight again for MMA. Every month I’m in a weight-loss process, I’m feeling like I’m really (expletive) up my body with that and all the training. We’re thinking that I’ll make a decision soon.”
“In jiu-jitsu, you cut weight differently,” Dern said. “I’m cutting in two different ways and my body wasn’t used to it. Everyone knows that, but I still want to defend my title in the ADCC every two years. I don’t know what to do.”

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий